Monday, June 27, 2005

Three Calls

Three Calls
"Here am I, Lord, I come to do Your will."

"Come," the mighty Father said,
"That the hungry flock be fed.
Crucify yourself to earth,
And receive eternal mirth.
Dedicate your strength, your youth,
To the study of My Truth."

"Come now," said the risen Son
Through His bishop; powers run
As the chrism marks the sign
Of authority divine -
"Bind or loose" - with Peter's keys,
"Teach, and feed" - the gifts of bees.

"Always come," the Spirit's call:
"Though the wine be mixed with gall,
Gifts of flame dispel your gloom,
Strength to leave the upper room.
Angels bow, when in your hand,
God comes down at your command."

(Easter 1989)

1 Comments:

At 27 June, 2005 20:04, Blogger Nancy C. Brown said...

Beautiful, Dr. T. You are gifted with rhyming poetry, something I hope to learn in my old age.
I like "though the wine be mixed with gall" that creates a lot of mind pictures for me...Christ on the cross, good mixed with sin, good times mixed with difficult times, or happiness mixed with pain.
Good to see you back blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home