Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More on "It's a Dog's Life"

A reader has pointed out that I have misled you somewhat. There is a song called "It's a Dog's Life"... possibly the best known hit yet recorded by the Armed Canines. And yes, A Dog's Life is the title of the rock autobiography of lead guitarist Randy Tullman. But of course, as I am sure you know, that song was on their second album, "Battle Bark", not on "Beached Beagles", the cover of which I showed you in a previous post.

I was asked if I would post the lyrics. Now, the problem is that this means revealing something that I wanted to keep secret. So come real close to the CRT and I will whisper it.

Yes... I am (have been?) the ghost lyricist for the Armed Canines. (They do write a lot of their own stuff, you know. But yes, I did this one for them.)

So I called Mr. Tullman and asked if he would mind... He said it's my call. So here you go. They are on the CD liner, and I think they added another verse, but this is what I have in my files.

"It's a Dog's Life"

Gettin' fed, gettin' kicked...
My master's hand I got it licked...
Seekin', huntin'
My master's side I am wantin'
All over the house, all over the town
A heartbreaking whine, a sad doggie frown...

It's a dog's life... yeah, it's a dog's life...
but it's seven times better,
yeah, it's seven times better,
yeah, it's seven times better...
since you're livin' it with me too.

(bridge)

I'm runnin' - you're runnin' with me
I'm pantin' - water's pourin' for me
I'm whinin' - you're fillin' my dish
I'm beggin' - you're grantin' my wish...

It's a dog's life... yeah, it's a dog's life...
but it's seven times better,
yeah, it's seven times better,
yeah, it's seven times better...
since you're livin' it with me too.

"It's a Dog's Life" is on the album Battle Bark
Performed by Armed Canines
Recorded at Desert Sunsets
Engineered by E. de las Lagos
Music copyright © 2001 by Armed Canines, Inc.
Lyrics copyright © 2008 by Dr. Thursday.


But please don't go asking me to post their other lyrics now. I have a lot to do. Thursday comes early this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home