Thursday, November 18, 2010

CQT #2, or, an interesting discovery!

I must tell you, quite briefly, of an interesting discovery, one which I did not expect to find. I presume that you have read Chesterton's curious collection of stories called The Club of Queer Trades - and I also presume that you found them enjoyable.

Well, taking those two points as given, I have some good news. No; possibly, I have great and wonderful news. I have just finished reading another collection of short stories called Parker Pyne Investigates by Agatha Christie. There is no attribution - but Mr. Pyne and his business is very clearly a derivative, and I think if you read them, you will understand what I mean. They do not stand alone, but appeared to me very distinctly as followup episodes to those of Basil Grant.

It is possible that you may disagree once you try them. But I think you will enjoy them, and may find the same Chestertonian quality there. At the very least please try "The Case of the City Clerk"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home